Timothy R. Sendak
The Senior attorney of the firm, Mr. Sendak's professional history includes representation of diverse governmental units and agencies, as former City Attorney for City of Crown Point, former City Attorney for City of Lake Station, former Common Council Attorney for Crown Point, Incorporating Attorney for Town of Winfield, and District Attorney for Lake Dalecarlia Regional Waste District.
Governmental appointive offices include the Crown Point / Center Township Library Board, and the Indiana Probate Code Study Commission (2005 to 2016).
He spent ten years in reserve military service, including various U.S. Army Reserve and Indiana National Guard units, in both enlisted of officer ranks, having served in medical, public information, and engineering units.
Mr. Sendak concentrates his law practice in estate and trust administration, estate planning, real estate transactions, zoning, corporations, municipal and local government matters, municipal utilities, and election law. He has served as trial and appellate counsel in all of these areas. He has represented many clients before various State and Federal government agencies.
Mr. Sendak has served his community and state in various ways, among them as the Co-Founder and Director of the Crown Point Community Foundation, Lake Courthouse Foundation Board of Directors; Board of Directors, Crown Point Chamber of Commerce; Lake Lodge No. 175 F. & A. M.; 32 Scottish Rite Mason [Valley of South Bend]; Orak Shrine Temple [A.A.O.N.M.S.], Michigan City, Indiana; St. Anthony Medical Center Community Council; Crown Point/Center Township Advisory Board; and on a variety of other civic committees and groups. he has served pro bono as legal advisor to many of these organizations. He was appointed by Governor Daniels to the Indiana Probate Code Study Commission.
Areas of Practice
- Decedents' Estates
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Municipal Law & Zoning
- Election Law
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Juris Doctor - 1973
- Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1970
- Major: Government
- Minor: History
- Upon Request
- Upon Request
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Ave Maria School of Law (Naples, Florida)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1973 to Present
- The Federalist Society
- National Lawyers Association
- Republican National Lawyers Association
- Lake County Bar Association, Original Board of Directors
- South Lake County Bar Association, Past President
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association, Original Board of Directors
- Indiana State Bar Association, Committee on Federal Judiciary
- Indiana State Bar Association, Committee on Judicial Improvement
Past Employment Positions
- Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission
- Marion County (IN) Prosecutor’s Office
- Burris & Sendak, Indianapolis
Pro Bono Activities
- Crown Point Community Foundation, Co-Founder, President, and Director
- Lake Courthouse Foundation, Board of Directors
- Crown Point Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Lake Lodge No. 157 F. & A.M.
- 32" Scottish Rite Mason, Valley of South Bend
- Orak Shrine Temple, A.A.O.N.M.S.
- St. Anthony Medical Center Community Council
- Sigma Phi Epsilon